Thursday, September 12, 2013

Back to School

I have been bad and haven't posted anything. Mostly because I have begun school.

I wake up at 7 am. Leave the apartment at 7:40 am. Walk 15-20 minutes to the bus stop in the city.
Get on the bus at 8:05 am. We don't get to school until right before it begins at 9 am.

Then, school ends at 5:30. Yes, pm. 5:30 pm. I don't know how these kids have stuffed in extra things to do after school. I am very impressed that they do this every day for 12 years.

I don't arrive to the apartment until 7:00 pm. Easily a twelve hour day.

However, we don't eat dinner until 10 or 11 pm. (Yes. What happen to nothing but water after 7?)

My body has been getting used to the change of times.

I, of course, have had to return to uniforms. They aren't that bad. Just hot in the afternoon.



My classes are mainly Biology and Chemistry, as I am in that group of kids.

It is so funny because there are some wonderful cognates in those classes. However, there are some words that don't have any resemblance to the English equivalent.

I definitely have been tired. I am used to resting in my room during breaks.

Everyone is really sweet and I have made good friends.

With seven more weeks left, I am sure I have much fun to come!

Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment